Top 10 Christmas Gift ideas for yourself or for someone else that likes to shoot video with their DSLR.
You are going to actually give this video to someone that will buy you a present or are you just going to treat yourself to your own present?
Let’s face it, if you are looking for a cheap hobby shooting video with a DSLR is not one of them, however I have looked around and found what I think are the 10 best gift ideas for DSLR video shooters for less than $100.
- Faster SD cards: the cost of fast cards have come down so much in the past 3 years, my first 32g card cost me $130, now you can pick them up for around $22 on sale. They are so cheap now, just bring a bunch with you on your next vacation and instead of backing them up to a laptop and rewrite over them, just flip it upside down in the case and use a new one and feel safe you have a 2nd copy.
- Extra battery: if you only have one battery, buy a second one, if you have two then buy a 3rd. You will never regret taking more batteries.
- Black Rapid Strap: I have never done a review on this but I use it all the time and love it, much better than a standard neck strap the camera comes with.
- Reflector: the most cost effective lighting tool you will ever own.
- Digital Calibration Target: if you are just starting out this is a great learning tool, and if you having been doing this for awhile it still a great tool for exposure and white balance.
- SD card case: SD cards are small and easy to lose, keep them in a case that will protect them.
- Camera bag: I have been using this one since the summer and I still love it, it fits all my stuff really well.
- Lens Cleaning kit: this is the best cleaning kit I have ever owned.
- Extra mounting plate: if you are in to the Manfrotto system like I am, having an extra plate is a good thing.
- Mini tripod: I just got this mini tripod and I love it, so many uses.